A Home to Fit
You need a home that fits. You have noticed lately your home is not quite right for you anymore. It may be too big or too small or you want to move to a new neighborhood. But wait! First, you must sell your current home and you have questions. How long will it take? How much is it worth? How do I pick a new neighborhood and deal with the whole process?
Easy – Gretchen Merrick is your South Santa Clara County neighborhood specialist. First, she makes selling your current home a smooth experience. Serving the South Santa Clara County area for more than 18 years, she knows the area and she knows what it takes to make a home sell. She works with a team of marketing experts (including staging, photography, property websites, Facebook, social media) to make sure you get the best price for your current house.
Then, you and Gretchen can get busy –
- Picking the right neighborhood (Gretchen believes that choosing your neighborhood is just as important as the house),
- Choosing a new home that you love and meets your needs.
- Financing, inspections, closings, and more – Gretchen is on top of it all.
What does that mean to you in the end? Your new home looks enchanting and best of all, you sigh with pleasure every time you walk in the door.
Here is Gretchen’s story in her own words –
As a teenager, I discovered I had a knack for math and science. So I followed my interests to become a licensed Civil Engineer. I have my undergraduate civil engineering degree from Vanderbilt University and my master’s in civil engineering from San Jose State. As a Civil Engineer, my time was spent managing projects which have a start, an end, and goals- very detailed work.
I was happily practicing civil engineering when I became pregnant with my firstborn. Needless to say, life changed, letting me enjoy my new life as a mother. When my firstborn reached 12 years and my second (and final child) reached 10 years, I went into real estate and never looked back. This is the profession for me: I get to put my engineering management skills to use for my clients and I get to use my “people” skills – which I enjoy much more than designing concrete beams!
Why You Should Choose Gretchen As Your REALTOR®
Gretchen is a member of the Top Agent Network – an online club of verified, top producing agents in local chapters where members exchange Non-MLS real estate information to provide superior service to their clients.
She strives to be the best in customer satisfaction, integrity and have the drive to provide you with the best service possible. Whether this is your First Home or you are Moving Up or Downsizing, She invites you to begin the journey with her. You deserve a home that fits your needs. Gretchen can and will help you with great real estate deals again and again because she brings
- Long experience – She has have lived in South Santa Clara County for over 35 years and knows this area extremely well. Buyers often have questions about the communities: “How do the schools compare?”, “Is it windier in certain parts of the valley than others?”, “How is it that I can live in a certain area of Gilroy and have a shorter commute than from some parts of Morgan Hill?” She welcomes any questions form her clients and gets the answers.
- Knowledge of real estate transactions – Not only does she know our local market, but also eats, breathes, and lives it. She knows the active listings, the coming soon inventory and is always more than happy to preview a listing for her clients. Also, over the years, she has developed a stellar reputation with the other Realtors. They know that she knows her stuff. Because of this, Realtors are glad to work with her on the other side of the transaction which makes it easier to get buyer’s offers accepted and to get seller’s counteroffers agreed to.
- Skilled negotiator – As a real estate agent, negotiation is a critical skill. She attended the esteemed Program on Negotiation at Harvard University and received an advanced negotiation certification. This diverse, global program offers courses that focus on negotiation and leadership. Just a handful of Real Estate Agents across the country have invested in their skillset and careers to this level and hold this advanced negotiation certification.
- True enjoyment for helping people – Her mission is also to be positive, helpful and enthusiastic at all times – focusing on solutions, not challenges. She takes care of business first and foremost but has fun and true enjoyment for helping people in the process.
Whether you are selling, buying, or investing – Gretchen is your choice. She is on your side. So, when you have a home to sell or buy – call, text or email me. If I don’t answer, leave a message. You will have started down the path to meet your goals. I will be there to help and support you through this process.
Thank you for considering us.
From Gretchen’s Clients
I met Gretchen in the gym and decided to use her as my realtor after my divorce. Going it alone was scary and difficult for me after a 24-year marriage but Gretchen helped me get through the buying process with ease! She knows her area and that made the house selection process less daunting. Soft-spoken but a bulldog in the negotiation room, love that about her! When I decided to move again, she was my “girl” for the sale of my home. If I could have taken her with me to southern California, I would have. I tell everyone, she is the best realtor I have ever dealt with.
buyer and seller
Gretchen has represented me on the last two transactions as both buyer and seller and did an outstanding job on both sides of the transactions. Below are the reasons I decided to use Gretchen and will continue to do so in the future -Extensive Engineering Background, Integrity, Professionalism, Vision, Experience, Marketing, and Negotiation skills
sold right away for over the asking price
Gretchen did a great job on the sale of our home. She was very efficient in getting the house listed quickly and it sold right away for over the asking price. We were especially impressed with how quickly she responded to all of our questions and concerns. I highly recommend her!